Celebrating 26 years in 2023, the Young Performers Career Advancement (YPCA, pronounced “YIP-Kah”) program was designed by the APAP Classical Connections Committee to support classical musicians in the formative stages of their careers.
At APAP|NYC+ 2023 YPCA artists from 2022 and 2023 will perform in APAP's only self-produced showcase in front of global arts leaders, performing arts presenters, managers, record company representatives, and agents. RSVP for YPCA Artist Showcase now.
By participating in APAP's Young Performers Career Advancement (YPCA) program, classical musicians in the formative stages of their careers will receive invaluable advice from industry professionals, develop strategies for communicating with presenters, managers, audiences, and other artists, and learn to set long-term, professional goals in a field that has seen tremendous change over the past two years.
The YPCA program consists of online professional development seminars that take place between October 3-14, 2022, one-on-one coaching, and the opportunity to fully participate in the annual APAP conference between January 13-17, 2023, and a showcase performance at Carnegie Hall on January 16, 2023.
The deadline to apply was Monday, July 25, 2022. Applications are now closed.
Participants in the YPCA program will:
- Receive a complimentary full conference registration to APAP|NYC+ 2023
- Get a practical overview of the presenting and touring industry and expert instruction in audience engagement
- Learn to set long-term career goals, including developing your vision and identity
- Develop strategies for communicating with presenters, managers, audiences and other artists
- Gain networking resources that last an entire career
- Perform at Carnegie Hall in the only APAP-produced showcase at APAP|NYC+ 2023