The Association of Performing Arts Professionals (APAP) is committed to providing a welcoming and supportive business experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, color, age, religion, national origin, economic status, or political affiliation.
As such, we affirm the following:
- APAP aspires to treat everyone with fairness, respect and dignity, and we expect the same of our APAP|NYC+ attendees.
- No one should tolerate harassment of APAP|NYC+ attendees in any form.
- APAP reserves the right to remove anyone from our convening or to revoke or deny APAP|NYC+ related rights to anyone who engages in conduct deemed to be harassment toward others. As a matter of fundamental principle, all APAP members and APAP|NYC+ attendees shall adhere to the highest ethical standards.
Additionally, by the interdependent nature of our work, APAP members are expected to abide by a code of ethics—broad ethical principles upon which all members shall conduct their work with each other, including but not limited to:
- Adherence to contractual obligations and all applicable legal requirements is the minimum standard of expected behavior.
- Transparency, openness and responsiveness to our colleagues and partners. As performing arts professionals, we are committed to the core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and responsibility.
- As members of APAP, our work practice demonstrates concern for the interests and well-being of individuals and organizations affected by our actions, in the industry and in our communities.
APAP comprises a diverse array of individuals and organizations. This diversity is one of the abiding strengths of the Association. Additionally, as demonstrated by the unique talents, temperaments and convictions of the professionals in our field, the values of both individuality and community in our society and culture make the performing arts stronger.
APAP thanks our members and APAP|NYC+ attendees for their commitment to the APAP community and to the performing arts industry.
Photo: APAP|NYC+ 2023 Logo (Mike Shotton/APAP)